Thursday, March 15, 2018

Homemade Pimento cheese spread

I love, love, love cheese, pretty much any kind cheese and on or in just about everything.  My husband calls me a rat when it comes to cheese.  I also love pimento cheese sandwiches and homemade pimento cheese spread is so much better than the containers you get at the store.  I like to use a combination of different kinds of cheese instead of just cheddar.  My favorite combination is 1 block Gouda, 1 block white cheddar cheese and 1 block extra sharp cheddar cheese plus cream cheese to make it creamy. I use my food processor to shred the cheeses and mix them up with the cream cheese then transfer everything to a bowl to add the mayonnaise and seasonings.  The spread will keep in the refrigerator for 2 weeks. Unfortunately, it won't keep it's integrity when frozen but this last batch I had so much left over that I froze about 2 cups in a freezer bag to use as a cheese sauce the next time I make macaroni and cheese or some other pasta.
Here's the recipe:
1 8 oz. block sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
1 block Gouda cheese, shredded
1 block white cheddar cheese, shredded
1 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
1/2 c mayonnaise
4 kinds of cheese
1 8 oz. jar pimientos, drained
2 T sofrito (pureed onions, garlic and peppers, recipe on previous blog post)
1 t Worcestershire sauce
1 t yellow mustard
seasoned salt and pepper to taste

Shred cheeses in food processor and mix with cream cheese, add mayonnaise and seasonings until well blended.  Keep in airtight container in refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
Also makes great grilled cheese sandwiches.

Enjoy,
Bamah





pimento cheese sandwich

No comments:

Post a Comment