Sunday, April 28, 2019

Every Day with Jesus in the Garden

My grandma loved to sing and she had a beautiful voice.  She sang in the church choir for years.  She especially loved singing hymns and had several favorites that she sang or hummed around the house as she was cooking or cleaning.  Recently, I was at a church luncheon and we sang In the Garden.  It reminded me of Grandma and my youngest daughter, Aubree, as it was one of their favorites.  I talked to Aubree a few days later about the song and we reminisced about Grandma singing her go to hymns around the house. Aubree has vivid memories of Grandma singing, In The Garden, especially the chorus.  She said it was one of her "kitchen songs". Grandma would either sing or hum it when she was cooking in the kitchen.  My girls often spent Friday night with my mom and grandma and Aubree was always in the kitchen helping Grandma.  Every time Aubree hears, In The Garden, she hears it in Grandma's voice which is why it's so special to her.  I don't remember Grandma singing that one when I was growing up. I'm sure she did, but I don't have a memory of it.  We also talked about, Every Day with Jesus, which was another "go to" Grandma song.  She was always singing it around the house and Aubree and I both have vivid memories of her singing this one because she liked to sing it loudly to wake us up in the morning, my brother and I when we were growing up and my girls when they spent the night. It's still one of my favorites and every time I hear it memories overflow of growing up with Grandma.  It's such a happy song and I remember the joy with which Grandma sang it. Some other of Grandma's favorite hymns were Blessed Assurance, What a Friend We Have in Jesus and He Keeps Me Singing to name a few. It's amazing how memories are triggered and how they keep the person we love with us always. I'm sharing the words for Every Day With Jesus and In the Garden.


Every Day With Jesus
Every day with Jesus
Is sweeter than the day before.
Every day with Jesus
I love Him more and more.
Jesus save and keeps me,
And He's the one I'm waiting for.
Every day with Jesus
Is sweeter than the day before.


In The Garden


I come to the garden alone, while the dew is still on the roses,
And the voice I hear, falling on my ear
The Son of God discloses.


Chorus
And He walks with me, and He talks with me.
And He tells me I am His own,
And the joy we share as we tarry there,
None other has ever known.


He speaks, and the sound of His voice
Is so sweet the birds hush their singing,
And the melody that He gave to me
Within my heart is ringing.


I'd stay in the garden with Him,
Though the night around me be falling
But He bids me go; through the voice of woe
His voice to me is calling.




To happy memories, Enjoy
Bamah













No comments:

Post a Comment